Thursday, May 15, 2008
I'm Here!
I have to say that I am scared to death to post. I don't want to get sucked back into the blogging world. I have barely even checked up on anyone, hoping that I wouldn't feel the urge to post. But I looked and here I am. So my question is how can everyone keep up on their blogs and still get stuff done? Maybe I am an all or nothing gal! As I type this my children are telling on each other for all the mean things that the other one said. Lexy even just corrected me on what I was typing - and she was right. So is my house clean after my grounding. It is much more organized, but I still haven't finished the touch up paint. But enough is enough! Maybe this summer I will get to it. I could thank the rooster for that since he crows so early - it kicks me out of bed. Mainly because I am panicked as to what the neighbors are going to do. So yes - WE HAVE A ROOSTER! Our Pumpkin turned out to be a he! My children are learning the birds and the bees real quick with these chickens. Anyone who may need to have a conversation, just bring the kids over. He will be here for a short time, I don't know how long we can handle him. We do get to go outside about 4 times a day and collect eggs though. We are averaging 8 eggs - can you believe that! I just love this farm life for some reason, I just don't think that the neighbors do! I feel like I am jumping all over and not making sense. I guess that is what happens when you have too much to say. I promise to not go so long till the next post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I was just thinking. . .how much spring cleaning that that lady be doing? And now here you are! Glad your back! Funny thing, but blogging does take over most of our lives! I just try and use it as a reward, i.e. 'Beth, if you feed your children lunch, you can go blog for an hour'. . .you know, things like that!
I am glad you're back, too, JoLynn! I think after a while the blog "high" that you get starts to settle down, and you find yourself only checking it once a day or so... at least that is what it did for me. Whenever I see a friend's blog and they haven't posted anything in a while I just figure that they have a life (unlike me) and have better things to do. Just be glad you are one of those people! I love the chicken stories... keep them coming! I hope you are doing well - I need to call you again sometime soon! Love you! Em
So Jealous of your chicken farm! One day I will be able to have some chicks! For now I will just live my chicken hopes through your little flock.
Travis is very jealous of your cool chickens, he tells me about them alot. "Kalley is so lucky mom, she has chickens..." He even wrote a story about Kalley and the chickens at school. ("because she is my friend mom, and she has chickens")
So, I was talking to your Mom at Church today and she said your Roosters new bed is in the garbage can??? Funny!
Yes Cadi - you should see this poor traumatized rooster. He sleeps in our green garbage can,(since we have no green things to go in it) the lid broke off a while ago so we put a board over the top. It doesn't fit down snug so he can still breath. We really aren't trying to torture him, but it does keep the sound down. I guess it is either him or the neighbors.
Good thinking! How are you getting up bright and early in the morning now? We all need a rooster to kick us out of bed. I am on the hunt for a rooster alarm clock for you guys.
Hey JoLynn and Patrick,
I can see how this can become addicting. Since i am stuck here in the hospital this is what keeps me sane. I don't feel so far from home and my family can see whats new with baby. So it does do some good. I hope you can find a medium ground with this.
Jennifer (Eaton) Mehlberg
Hi JoLynn! I found your blog through a friend. Small world. Your girls are sooo cute!
Marquita Severtson
Post a Comment