Thursday, June 26, 2008



My Baby is 8! I can hardly believe that she could be that old. She came into this world without a cry, just wide open, observing eyes- and she hasn't stopped.

Patrick and I are constantly telling her how glad we are that she came first. She is such a wonderful example for her younger sisters. She keeps us all on track. She came knowing and loving good things. Her prayers always amaze us at the things she comprehends. She is thoughtful and loving. What more could a parent want?
She had her birthday party yesterday and as she was blowing her candles out, I wondered if I had taught her all that she needed to learn. That is something I keep worrying about as she prepares for her baptism. I know that she is ready, but I don't know that I can take the credit.

We Love you Lexy! Thanks for being such a blessing!




3 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Oh Man, I was just on Nichole's blog commenting on the girls' baptism and I didn't even comprehend that Lexy would be turning 8 also! Happy Birthday Lexy! She is one incredible girl, and that is coming from us that aren't even around her all the time! You guys should be awarded with something for being the outstanding parents that you are!

Nic said...

Happy Birthday to Lexy! LOVE the sweet baby photo of her darling chubby cheeks :) You guys definitely make cute babies! And we agree, Lexy is a great kid, so glad we get to love her too :)

brownymama said...

I remember her as a newborn! So hard to believe it has gone so quickly! You have a birthday coming up soon too, don't you?!