Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The 2009-2010 school year begins!

So now the craziness of summer is over. I don't think I will complain so much about homework because it is a blessing to have them off and busy. Lexy is starting 4th grade and Kalley is starting 3rd. So what do the rest of us do? Sit around in our pajamas!

One short story that doesn't have a picture to accompany it! One week into school I had woke up early and showered and was getting a head start on the day. I hadn't had a chance to dry my hair yet so the towel was still placed on top of my head as I got the kiddos ready for school. I didn't think anything of it and waved my kids off out the door. After a minute or two I heard Kalley scream, so I went to see what it was. I walked out to the driveway and saw Kalley jumping up and down yelling "our chicken, our chicken", and saw Lexy running in the road to fetch a chicken. They were already late to school so I realized that I had to run across the street to fetch the chicken. So with Breck on my hip and Cassidy tagging along in her pajamas (neither of us with shoes on) go to get the chicken. So now if you can just imagine this picture. Me with a towel on my head - no shoes, but dressed (bra and all)- Breck on one hip and chicken on the other - with Cassidy following behind. This was a miracle chicken who had been missing for 3 weeks and was written off and "eaten by neighborhood dog" or "died of dehydration or starvation". It wasn't until later as I was finally blow drying my hair that the question went through my mind - "did I really have my towel on my head?" Oh well, we all need humbled every once in a while!

3 comments:

Geoff and Emily said...

OH JoLYNN! The towel on my head in public is my reoccurring nightmare. I have had that dream at least 50 times, but have never actually DONE it. I guess walking across the street isn't "public" though - probably nobody even saw you. If someone DID see you they probably would have thought, "OH, I am so releived to know that JoLynn is not the perfect person I have always thought she was!" I am glad to see you posting again, by the way. Love it!

Hermana Kalley McConaghie said...

You would have thought that no one saw me but my street leads right up to the school and so all the parents drop off their kids on my street and then they walk to school. Needless to say I am sure at least 10 - 15 people witnessed my beauty!

Anonymous said...

Jolynn..ur dang cute even w/ a towel on your head!