I have finally figured out why I stay away from blogs.
I feel completely inadequate when I am done.
So I have decided that I want to live in a blogging world where everything is perfect.
If I lived in a the blogging world my house would be perfectly clean.
The weeds would be picked in the front yard.
The windows would sparkle.
My children's costumes would be sewed for Halloween a month in advanced.
I would have exercised for an hour this morning and every morning the week.
Caramel apples would be decorating the kitchen counter.
But I don't . . .
So those are all the things that I would love to be doing. We will see what gets done before tomorrow night and I will surely blog about them when I am done.
Instead I will stop feeling like a failure and
count my blessings!
1) My Sweet (and ever so humble) Husband, who would be horrified to know that I was mentioning him.
Who works tirelessly for our family.
Who could probably count how many days off that he has had this year since they usually are Sundays and a few escape vacations.
Who loves his children selflessly and wants what is best for them.
Who reminds me when I am being less then my blogging self to be better and kinder.
Not to mention those gorgeous blue eyes I get to look into every day - and then graciously passed them on to his children.
2) My "Beautiful" - Lexy.
Who loves to make things nice.
Who puts thought and time into all she does.
Who takes care of her baby brother like any seasoned mother and doesn't complain.
Who helped me get the house ready for book club last night and loved every minute of it. I was grateful for her company.
3) My "Sweetheart" Kalley.
Who is always loving of her sister's and brother.
Whose little giggle makes me smile.
The fact that I can figure out what she is thinking because I have felt that way my self at least once.
She takes after me which helps me understand myself a little bit better sometimes.

3) My "Clever" Cassidy.
She came into our lives like a whirlwind and hasn't stopped since.
Who is shy yet daring, adventurous yet a homebody. All she every wants is candy and has licked the frosting off of more cupcakes then I can count, just to leave the cupcake untouched.
Her and I sat and cleaned my bathroom and closet this morning and she was right beside me the whole way. Till she found the toys that "mean ol' Mr. Pillowcase" ate during the summer.
She reminds me to stop and enjoy the small things.
4) My "Little Mister"- Breck.
Everything!!! He is still in the sweet and perfect baby state.
Whose little eyes sparkle.
The laughs he gives me because he thinks I am funny.
The way he needs me - and only me.
He makes me feel worthwhile!
This post has been more for me then anyone.
It is my chance to stop and see how blessed I am instead of wishing I lived in a Blogging World!
2 comments:
OH, JoLynn. Don't compare yourself to others' in their blogging world... you know NOBODY actually has that life! And, if you are ever feeling a little down about how much you think you don't do... just visit my blog and you will surely feel better about yourself! I appreciate the list of your blessings on this post. I have started blogging about my blessings each day until Thanksgiving (30 days of gratitude) and it has really been a blessing to focus on the things that really matter. And, by the way, when I think of blessings in my life, you are surely one of them. I love you!
this is one of the most beautiful posts I have EVER read. So true and heartfelt post. Thank you!
Post a Comment