Bethanne tagged me a while back and I have not yet responded. Since there aren't any pictures or things to blog about I figured now was a good time.
10 years ago
That seems so long ago. I was just getting ready for me first wedding anniversary. So we would have been getting ready to go to Ocean city, Maryland. We had a great time there visiting Philadelphia where Patrick served his mission and also New York City. Patrick had just recently bought his business and so he was busy blasting away. But this is about me not him. Although after ten years aren't you officially one? I was busy finishing up my last semester at ASU in communications. I was probably still working at my Dad's dental lab doing the opaquing. Wow is that all? Look what ten years will do. Although ten years from now I am sure that I will be saying that I would have been at home with my children and cleaning. By then I may have realized how sweet my kids are and tell you that they never did anything wrong (if I could just think that now).
Things on my to do list tomorrow
I have to wake up bright and early and be down at the church for our Primary activity. Hopefully I have already finished those 70 sugar cookies (gingerbread men) and the frosting is already all made so that I don't have to do it before the sun rises. Knowing me I will since I am not doing it now but am wasting time here. After that I have got to tackle the garage (the valentines stuff is still not put away). So then while I am putting that away maybe I will get out the Easter stuff. I also really have to tackle the basket of shoes with dried up mud all over them from last week. Yes there is a laundry basket full! That is when you know your kids have too many shoes - when each one brings out at least five shoes in the course of a day to play in the mud and there is still a basket full a week later. Then after all that I will need to get ready to go to the adult session of Stake Conference.
Snacks I enjoy
Right now I am still enjoying left over book club goodies. Lemon cake and Baklava bars, we finished the sugar cookies yesterday. Thank goodness there will be more coming today! Really I love to bake things so that is where my downfall is. I absolutely love cookie dough and then love eating the cookies later. Now if I could just hate to bake then maybe I would be OK. I am not there yet.
If I were a billionaire
I would let Patrick quit his job! He does such labor intensive stuff and works so hard that I would let him retire. Knowing him though he would just use it to start up a new business and so that he could stay busy - he isn't one to sit around. I guess I would buy a large home that I could stay in forever and not run out of room. I think that I would also love to buy a cabin so that my family and I could have a place to go on the weekends and during the hot summer.
3 of my bad habits
1) Cleaning too much. I am a little obsessive and it drives Patrick crazy! I've told him that he needs to be grateful because if he ever had to marry anyone else he would be completely surprised how much he enjoyed the obsession. Some might think that you wouldn't consider this a bad habit, but it does control my life. I wish sometimes that I could just let go.
2) I procrastinate way too much. I always wait till the last minute with everything. This drives Patrick crazy!
3) I will let my kids not be in their car seats if we are not going on any busy streets. This of course causes problems when they do have to get in there seats. I should just learn my lesson.
5 places I have lived
Can these be house in Mesa, because I think that would make five? I was born in Kanab, Utah. Raised in Mesa, Arizona. Went to EAC (Eastern Arizona College) for a year and lived in Howard's Trailer Park. Then moved back and haven't left, don't want to either!
Jobs that I have had
This can also be quite boring. I started working for my Dad before I was 16 and still do work from home(although now my brothers own it). I worked at Pirates Fish and Chips for a little while. Then after I graduated from college I quit working for my Dad and worked at a Home Health Care business doing some data entry at first and then was a Human Resource Director. After I had Lexy I started doing work from home for my Dad and that still has not stopped. I am lucky to get a little extra and sit in my office at home.
Things people don't know about me
When I was 15, my parents were out of town, I took their car and when cruising around with my friends. I didn't yet have my permit because I was just barely 15 and I didn't really know how to drive. It was amazing that I didn't get caught because I did drive to Golfland and I am not for sure but I thought left turns were like right turns and you could turn whenever. So I don't think that I was obeying the traffic rules. And yes this was the worst thing that I have ever done in my life.
I was a little wild girl when I was younger. I think that I had kissed all the boys in the neighborhood before I was 10, and I am sure that I was the one encouraging it. I must have got that I got it all out because I would have considered myself prude when I was a teenager.
I guess the rest is an open book because I can't think of anything else.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So fun to read your blog! I miss you and it's been forever, but this will help us keep in touch! So how do you like having chickens? I'm trying to find some pets that are more exciting than hermit crabs and a fish! (:
Jolynn, I went to EAC and lived in Howard's Trailer Park too! How funny! Wasn't that a fun experience?
Nice job staying current on your posts ;0 I enjoyed reading random facts about your life too!! Great job on the sugar cookies today...
I second that on the great job your doing on your blog! This is definitely giving me something to do out here in TX! I loved all of your facts! You know, how we all joke that you can hear Marie's voice when you read her emails/comments.. .well now it's happening with all the rest of you guys to me since I haven't heard your voices in a while! It makes me miss you guys too much! Can't wait to read more!
Loved your post... So witty and interesting. You hide your "flaws" well cuz I wouldn't never guessed your were a procrastinator! (I still don't buy it :)
It was fun to read your little list of facts. I could have probably filled it out for you, and you for me, huh? There are just so many memories... friends now for over 26 years, roommates, neighbors, Becky B.... what else is there to say?! I am so grateful for the friendship you have given me over the years! Stop cleaning so much!
Post a Comment